Sunday, May 5, 2013

Industrial Modern Style Bun Warmers....As Art?

Industrial Modern Style Bun Warmers -  Yes, you read that right. On a trip to Vegas a couple of months back I managed to find a hoarder / collector....aren't we all on that fine line?... who had some pretty cool stuff...... all. over. his. property. I just love digging in places like that.  It makes me feel so Mike from America Pickers.  Anyway, back to the point.

I always look for the unusual and here, I found it.  I saw stacks of these industrial modern looking metal sheets.  Immediately I pictured them on a wall in a loft space.  Turns out they are old bun warmers from a 50's bakery in Las Vegas.  He also had copper colored pastry warmers, which I bought for my home, and hot dog bun warmers.  It took me a while to get around to posting these in my shop, but immediately after they were up, 2 sold.   Hmmm, I knew I should have purchased more than 5!  I will be visiting this man again on our next trip.





3 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Those are so cool! I can't wait to see photos of your copper ones.

Mad For Mod said...

I got them a few days ago and they are way cool! Now I have a little redecorating to do so I can use them. Thanks again! American Pickers...look out!

Mad For Mod said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...