Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Scored a Scoop Chair and Lost a Credenza.

Let's begin with the bad news and get it out of the way.  Ugh, this one stings....  You know I've been hunting for a mid century credenza for a long time now.  I want something long and simple on peg legs with ample space inside to house my hubby's boy-toys: PS3, DVD player, receiver, etc.  It needs to have sliding doors so I can hide all the electronics from sight.  AND I don't want to pay $800 for it.  Well, wouldn't you know, the ideal piece showed up today for $200 OBO and I missed it. Ahhhhhhh I hate that, but that's how Craigslist goes huh?  Let me wipe my tears....

Gone baby, Gone!

On a happy side, I found a scoop chair yesterday.  I've always loved this style but I rarely see them on Craigslist and have never seen one at an estate sale.  I guess it goes to show if you're patient, you can find what you want.  That's me sending out positive vibes so another credenza pops up.  

Now, granted, my scoop chair is no Carter Brothers Scoop like Dana's of Mid2Mod, but it's still cute and it looks really great in our living room with our super low couches.  


I might change the upholstery but it's pretty good as-is for now.


And Dana's amazing Carter Brother's Scoop Chair - drool!



4 comments:

J. Chris @ Just Modern said...

Thanks for the positive vibes, sorry about the credenza and congratulations on the scoop chair! Last year, I also missed out on a great credenza at an Estate Sale...I was walking towards it when someone stepped up and said "I'll take this"! Ugg...it was perfect (good price too). But on a positive note, I found a pretty cool mid-century lamp. :)

A Modern Line said...

Nice credenzas are way hot right now and I have a waiting list 5 people deep at least if I can find a nice one. Sweet score on the chair! I'm keeping my eye out for any other plycrafts or other good candidates as I just got my Plycraft done and soon to be in the store...Way fun project..

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Aw...sorry about the credenza. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for you. I love your scoop chair! It's very lean and sexy! And thanks for the mention. It's always nice to feel the love. :)

sudha said...

i m glad you found something to keep you going...and about the credenza...there is one waiting just around the corner dear...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...