Friday, September 16, 2011

$400 for a Mid Century Mod Calculator??

I love space age mod design from the 60's (and sometimes early 70s).  I'm always on the hunt for cool pieces on Ebay. I came across this listing for a 70's modern Garrett sphere calculator.  Very cool.  I bid - reserve not met - I bid again - reserve not met - I bid again - reserve still not met. Ok, I'm out.  I kept an eye on it because I wanted to see what it sold for. This morning: SOLD for $393!  Really?  For a calculator?

Here it is. Cool but not worth $400 to me. Your thoughts? 






See the listing here.  Sold for $393 + $14 for shipping. 

On another note, my hubby and I went all out last weekend. We picked both days and came home with quite a loot. Lots of smalls and furniture.  I'll post some pics soon.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Beccalina said...

WOw... While, that is an EXTREMELY awesome calculator, there is no way I would pay 400 bucks for it. Especially when I could get a piece of nice Hey-wake for that. But then people collect all kinds of stuff, I'm sure there is a calculator collector out there and this just might be their most coveted piece.

Rhan Vintage said...

True, for someone, a collector perhaps, $400 might be totally worth it.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I notice both TVs and 8 Track players with that similar design for for quite a bit of money.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Good grief...I guess there's a collector out there willing to pay big money for everything. Who knew?

Sudha said...

400? wow must be quite a collectible...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...