Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mid Century Modern Outdoor Spaces.

To follow up with last weeks post about my mid century modern inspired backyard, I've collected some images that inspire me.  While I am content with my outdoor space now and love the MCM pieces I have, I always yearn for that "perfect patio set from the 60's" to finish the look and that je ne sais quoi, the missing element, to make it complete.  If I had my dream backyard it would incorporate these designs....


1. An open-air patio cover...








2. Salterini Patio Furniture...




3. A funky umbrella or sun shade...




4. Lots of Mid Century Modern Planters...





5. A mod outdoor fireplace....




6. Sleek pool loungers...




7. Eero Saarinen dining set...




8. Concrete patio circles....




9. And minimalist mid century landscaping...




So, as you can see I have a short list.  -dripping with sarcasm-   Hey, a girl can dream right?  What do you think of these mid century designs? 

2 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Oh, so gorgeous! We just had golf ball-size hail the other night that kinda left my patio a wreck, but this inspires me to get out and spruce it up.

adriane said...

Gah, these are a-mazing. All of them. I peruse Craigslist from time to time looking for "vintage patio" or some iteration thereof, but my backyard/deck are kind of a lost cause right now. These inspiration photos are amazing, but also sad in how they point out how far off I am from where I'd love to be.
Oh, that terrarium is completely amazing. I've never seen one for patio space. I love that. I've been wanting to make a little one for inside my house, but wondering if just getting an Etsy one would be better use of time... Especially since I kill plants. Like it's my job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...