Tuesday, April 26, 2011

George Mulhauser for Plycraft. That's one beautiful chair!

Pardon my absence the past week. I was in Vegas visiting my in-laws.  It was a nice break but it's always so great coming home.

One of the first things I had to do upon my return was browse the mid-century Craigslist ads here in Los Angeles. After 4 days I knew there would be hoards of new pieces to drool over. Indeed there was and here is my favorite:

Plycraft Mr. Chair Lounge by George Mulhauser.  

Drooling anyone?  Or is it just me?  It can be yours for $1000 obo.




Plycraft was a mid-century era manufacturer that is well known for their reproductions of the Eames / Herman Miller Lounge chair.    But I find them better known for these beauties!  See many varieties at Mid Century Modernist. 

Mr. Chair @ Metro Retro

Alternate style by G. Mulhauser @ White Trash NYC

Green Mr. Chair @ Apartment Therapy

Mr. Chair w/ upholstered arms @ Urban Artifacts 

Mr. Chair w/ wood legs @ Flickr

George Mulhauser alternate design @ Etsy

Swivel Desk Chair @ The Good Mod

Sunny yellow Mr. Chair @ WorthPoint 

Mr. Chair with variation @ Ebay

Mr. Chair w/ smooth upholstery @ Ebay

2 comments:

stacey said...

i have a buttercream-leather Mr. Chair and it's so comfortable. i don't think i'll ever find the matching ottoman but something to put my feet up would make it 100% nap-in comfy :)

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

That third chair has me all aflutter. We just picked up a Plycraft the other day, and it's in the clean up stage, but it will be in the store soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...