Monday, January 17, 2011

What Happened To Style Chrysler Commercial

It's not often that I actually see commercials.  Thanks to the invention of DVR I hardly ever have to watch them.   However yesterday evening my Mom and I plopped in front of the TV and watched the Golden Globes live and I caught a commercial that I love.

Chrysler premiered a "vintage" style commercial asking the question "What Happened to Style"?  and "Where Has the Glamour Gone"?  It pulls at the ideal of a life less hectic, one that took pleasure in simple things, where "going for a drive was a big deal and when "we didn't race from a to b".

It's very well done and quite beautiful.  It appeals to me of course because I love all things vintage and old-world Hollywood glamour.  Even though I did not experience this era of life it makes me miss it, if that makes sense at all.

Here are some  gorgeous still from the commercial and and see the video here. See what you think.  It gives me chills!
















I missed my mark.  I think I was meant to be alive in the 50's or perhaps the roaring 20's!

2 comments:

Tikimama said...

Gorgeous! Although I agree with some of the commenters on YouTube that the OLD Chryslers have a lot more style than the new ones.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Commercials aren't usually very thought-provoking, but this one was. When did we give up style and quality for uninsspired throw-away consumer goods? I grew up in the 50s and 60s, and I miss those days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...