Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Very Own Brasilia

It's a wonderful day for Rhan Vintage.  After coveting and dreaming of my very own piece of Broyhill's Brasilia line for many, many years, I'll get my own tomorrow.

I'll be traveling more than 3 hours one way to pick up a triple dresser, mirror and matching night stands. They are coming to me a mess, from the second owner.  The night stands have been painted black, 2 drawers of the dresser have been painted black and all of the pieces will need sanding to remove years of scratches and water stains.  That's okay though, I don't mind the work.  I'll post before and after pics!  

In the meantime, here are some Brasilia pieces to admire.  And check out my former post on Brasilia furniture here.


Chest

Hutch

Headboard

Desk

Triple Dresser - this is what I'm getting! 

Tall Chest Dresser

Dining Set 

Double Dresser

5 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Ah, what's not to love about Brasilia? It's so gorgeous. I think my favorite piece is the dining table with the ceramic insert. I'd give up my Drexel profile for that!

Modernsnap ! said...

Congratulations GIRL! I cannot wait to see it! I DO NOT envy the refinishing however . . . been there, done that, for four years actually. I've had enough. I'm sure you will make them G.l.o.r.i.o.u.s. though!

Mr. Modtomic said...

Whew, I hope you got a deal on the set! That's a lot of Drivin' and Refinishing. Then again, I drove 5 hours each way for the Headboard and One of the two Nightstands. ::shrugg:: Who am I to talk?! From what I've gathered, the Brasilia isn't a stained factory finish, it's a "tinted" finish. It might be difficult to match the pieces unless you refinish all of them.

Rhan Vintage said...

I got a ridiculous deal otherwise I'd pass on them. You're all right though - refinishing this is going to be a pain in the a**. I would not do it if it was anything other than Brasilia. I'll have to strip, sand and re-stain all 3 pieces. Ah!!!!!

Sudha said...

Hi there
such a beautiful set...i am so jealous right now..:P...looks like i am in Brasilia heaven

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...