Monday, January 24, 2011

Joseph Eichler Tract, Granada Hills, California

This weekend was fabulous.  We had weather nearing 80 degrees and I did all the things I love; enjoying outside, thrifting, restoring furniture, dinner out with friends and dancing.  Perfect.

Saturday morning, I was up early to hit a sale. It was a bust - I showed up too late.  Woops.  But, the morning was not lost.  The sale was very close to the Eichler tract in Granada Hills so I head over to tour the neighborhood on foot and snap some pictures.

It was heaven, let me tell you. Home after home was more gorgeous than the next.  What a dream to live in an original EICHLER!  I can't imagine.  Here are (some of) my pics though they don't do the homes justice:






















Where is Granada Hills?  


**Brasilia update- this weekend I finished sanding the dresser, prepped it and stained it but it was too windy for the polyurethane coat.  I'll do that today and post the "after" pics tomorrow!

3 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

OMG. I would die to see houses like that here in South Dakota. We might have one in my town. I should do a funny post about all the lame houses here, I bet it would be funny! :) Can't wait to see your work on the awesome furniture!

Mr. Modtomic said...

Sweet, thanks for taking us on a little tour! Next time we come out that way I'll give you a shout and you can drag us all around showing us where places like this are.

The Brasilia - Poly? Are you going with a satin poly? Shiny poly looks weird. I had a set that I sold with a shiny finish. I wouldn't recommend it unless you've seen it and that is your taste.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Can you imagine living in such a beautiful neighborhood? What a treat just to look at pictures of one!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your Brasilia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...