Monday, March 29, 2010

Frederick Buehner Wanner in the Mid Century





I came across this beautiful brass pot in a pile of junk last week during one of my vintage hunting trips. I instantly knew it was mid century and something special. I was anxious to get it home, clean it up and learn more about it's history.

Sure enough, this beauty was designed by a German designer named Frederick Buehner Wanner who emigrated to the US in 1929. His accessories and housewares made of hammered aluminum were popular from the 30's to the 50's. In 1969 his company, Buehner-Wanner Company, was sold to Phaltzgraff. This brass and teak style emerged in the 60's.

This piece I found was one of his last works from the mid century era. It's in great vintage condition and oh so beautiful! Features a long teak pot handle and teak lid knob. The pan top is emblazoned with a classic mid century design in enamel.

I have come across very few of these pieces online and I've read that they are a rare find. Find it here in my shop!

2 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

Congrats on finding such a treasure! I recently snagged an Arabian pitcher for $2.99! Love it too much to sell it though! :)

Rhan Vintage said...

Nice! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...